Tips for the acne-prone
5 ways to help prevent acne
- Change your pillowcase every other day, as pillowcases can house dirt and oil that can get into your pores as you sleep, leading to breakouts.
- Clean your cellphone case every week – it rests on your face (a lot) and can cause breakouts. Try setting a calendar reminder on your phone to jog your memory.
- Wash your makeup brushes weekly. If you don’t have makeup brush cleaner, you can use Facial Wash to clean your brushes instead.
- Drying out your skin can actually cause more zits, not less. Try limiting hot showers to 5 minutes per day. Too much time in hot water and steam can strip away your skin’s oily layer, and cause it to lose moisture.
- To effectively treat breakouts, make sure you’re using the right combination of products, including a moisturizer. The Acne Control Regimen is a hand-picked selection of products that effectively target the main cause of acne, clear the pores of bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- Keep your hands off of your face. The added dirt and bacteria from your hands can lead to more pimples.